Apple Pie Parfait To Go
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 4 apples
- Stevia or Truvia
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 T. of water
- 2 cups 0% FAGE greek yogurt or yogurt of choice
- Follow cooking instructions for the quinoa and add 2 tsp. vanilla to the water. Let cool and set aside.
- Peel and chop apples. Cook in a lightly sprayed frying pan on medium, stirring often until apples have their own sauce, and are slightly softened and sweet (about 10 minutes with a lid on.)
- In another small frying pan, heated at a low to medium heat, add uncooked oats, chopped walnuts and brown sugar. Lightly toast, stirring very often. (This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.) Be sure not to burn the brown sugar. This should be crumbly with a very slight crunchiness.
- Combine your quinoa and apples in a separate bowl and let cool. Once cool, add 2 packets of stevia or Truvia, and stir. If you prefer, you can add 2 Tbsp. honey as well.
- Place Greek Yogurt or yogurt of choice in a bowl. Mix in cinnamon and remaining 1 tsp.vanilla. I like to use FAGE 0% and sweeten it myself. If you want it a bit sweeter, add 2 to 3 packets of stevia or Truvia. You also can use 2 Tbsp. of honey here as well or leave plain if you donʼt like it sweet.
- Prepare your 4 cups for the parfaits. If you want to be able to grab these and go, use a plastic cup with a cover or use plastic wrap for the top. You could also use a small travel container. I like to put a couple in a pretty martini, wine or juice glass for a dessert after dinner or at-home breakfast. Choose medium- to small-sized glasses to make 4 to 5 parfaits.
- Spoon about a half-inch of the quinoa and apple mixture into your container, followed by a layer of yogurt, one more layer of quinoa and apple, then yogurt on the top. Your last layer is your oat and walnut crumble. Sprinkle a generous amount on top.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes and serve.
Double the batch so you have a bunch to keep on hand for the week. Also, feel free to leave out any stevia, Truvia or honey outside of the brown sugar if you don’t like your treats as sweet.