- 1/4c Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 c White wine or Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c Low sodium chicken broth
- 2 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 5 Packets natural no cal sweetener – stevia, truvia etc (or natural sugar if preferred)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 T. Sesame seeds
- 2 oz Chinese noodles Misna (in oriental foods aisle)
- 1 (16oz) bag coleslaw cabbage mix
- 1 C Diced celery
- 1 C Diced snap peas
- ¾ C Diced green onion
- 1 (8oz) can or 1 Cup diced water chestnuts
- For Dressing: Combine dressing ingredients in covered jar and shake well.
- For coleslaw: Melt butter in skillet, brown noodles, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Remove noodle mixture to a paper towel to cool.
- Toss cabbage, celery, snap peas, green onion, water chestnuts and noodle mixture in large bowl. Add dressing and toss well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
To serve as an entree, add 4 oz of cooked chicken to the coleslaw. The whole entree is only about 310 calories!