- 10 Egg Whites
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C Skim Milk
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ C Diced Red Pepper
- ½ C Diced Green Pepper
- ¾ C Diced Onion
- 1 Finely Diced Garlic Clove
- ¾ C Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 C Cooked Turkey Sausage
- ½ C Black Beans (optional) (drained & rinsed)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 8 Whole Wheat 6” Tortilla Shells
- Beat together egg whites, eggs, skim milk and cumin.
- Mix in cottage cheese, salt &pepper to taste.
- Sauté onions and peppers until onions are opaque.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Remove from pan.
- Add egg mixture to pan and scramble eggs on medium low until almost set.
- Add peppers and onions to egg mixture.
- Add cooked turkey sausage and black beans and mix altogether.
- Put ½ C of egg mixture into a warm whole wheat tortilla shell, garnish with diced fresh tomatoes and roll into burrito.
- Also can garnish with 1 T of your favorite salsa for extra spice.
Store egg mixture in the refrigerator. For a quick breakfast on the go, just put ½ C of filling in tortilla shell, garnish with fresh diced tomato and microwave on 60 power for one minute.