- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. baking truvia (make sure it the BAKING truvia, this worked perfectly) OR 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- Tiny pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips (about 12 chocolate chips)
- Place egg whites in large bowl making sure there is NO YOLK in them at all, and set them out until they are room temp (about 20-30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add vanilla to egg whites and beat with mixer on medium until soft fluffy peaks form, this may take 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add truvia or sugar at about a tablespoon at a time.
- Gently and slowly fold in cocoa powder.
- This will slightly deflate your egg whip but don’t worry, just keep adding and folding the cocoa powder in slowly.
- Take mixture and spoon 12-15 large dollops onto an oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- I found that this made 12 medium sized cookies for me.
- Place 1 chocolate chip on top of each meringue cookie and bake for 25-30 minutes. I like them at about 25 minutes so they are a bit chewy.
- Let cool about 10-20 minutes and serve!