I’m so excited for you to listen and get to know green juice junkie (and so much more), Drew Canole. We could have talked for hours! He’s so connected and open with his spirituality that I felt like I was talking to a long-lost friend. Seriously, we’re both from Michigan (now in California), we’re experienced snowmobile drivers and we both take guitar lessons! And our journeys are quite similar as well.
Drew had always been into fitness, but after consistently working out two or more hours a day he wasn’t getting the results/body he wanted. He soon realized it was likely the food he was putting into his body (Michigan diet = burgers, pizza and Hamburger Helper).
So it was six and half years ago, after a friend suggested that Drew try a green juice, that he decided to eliminate the junk/processed foods and also drink “copious amounts” of green juice for seven days. Loving the effects, he decided to continue on for 90 days while incorporating intermittent fasting and also documenting his journey on YouTube. He lost 40 pounds! And while his physical appearance was amazing, what’s more is that he FELT so much better. He had more energy, he felt more creative, productive and experienced more clarity in his life. Drew felt in tune with his most authentic self.
“When you get in that flow state, that energy, it radically shifts your viewpoint of every human being.”
After all, when you’re in this state, there’s no time for lack or scarcity – you just see abundance. Realizing that for some, it’s difficult to get to this state, Drew explains that adjusting your nutrition is the perfect hack to reaching this when your mindset hasn’t quite reached this point. He offers the following tips to get started on your own transformation:
- Get quality sleep. Dial in on what kind of sleep you need and what you’re actually getting – and tweak. Drew uses the app Beddit to track his sleep.
- Drink A LOT of water.
- Drink green juice. This is optional, but Drew feels it’s so helpful when trying to retrain your tastebuds.
- Set a goal. Figure out your “Why-Dentity” or your “why that makes you cry.” Along with this, it’s recognizing what you want to hear from the people you love and what YOU want to see in the mirror. This often creates more of a reality for you. It’s a combination of feeling what you want to and SEEING it as well. Even further, boost your success rate by finding someone to team up with as well.
Developing certain daily rituals or daily practices are also an important key to your success. It’s what grounds us and keeps us in that state of flow. Personally, I know when my sleep isn’t quality or I’m not moving my body, my creativity and motivation comes to a halt. The same goes for Drew. Below are some of his important morning visualization/meditation practices.
- Wake up and get grateful. Go through a list in your head or write out what you’re grateful for.
- Visualization/Meditation for 10 minutes or more if time allows. He uses a Japanese-style meditation that focuses on breathing.
- Email/text three people you care about. Show appreciation to people you care for, but haven’t reached out to in a while – just to show your love.
- Coffee (usually some beneficial supplements) and then off to the gym (about 1.25 hours). Sometimes swimming.
- Spiritual work/reading.
- 9 a.m. daily work touch-base meeting
Now, I get it… So often a person doesn’t feel like they have the time to build in such rituals. But we both Drew and I believe you can. If you constantly think you don’t have time, guess what? That’s how it’s always going to feel. Drew himself believes that time is just an illusion. He likes to view all time as “the unfoldment of good.” He likes to frame it as constantly being in a state of bliss – tracking how much good can be done in ONE moment. When you’re in this place, time is no longer a question. Instead it seems to expand exponentially.
“The universe is like water and wants to get out of your way when you know where you’re going.”
When time (and life) is approached this way, people and opportunities are magnetically drawn to you. So take time to focus on the times you feel stress or like you have no time. Take a time out. Breathe in and as Drew suggests, “breathe out with a smile.” Notice how much lighter you feel after.
“Time slows down when you’re living in the moment.”
With this approach, it’s no wonder that Drew has attracted 80+ team members to join his team. Ideal boss alert! He encourages people to explore their spiritual gifts daily whether it’s reading a new book a week as a company or attending his team’s daily 9 a.m. meeting. He also ensures that he’s connected and creating a healthy work environment.
When it comes to staying personally grounded and connected, Drew finds writing therapeutic as well as frequent spa treatments (acupuncture, cryo-saunas etc.). But it’s also been about is overall vision for his life. When he began to see that what he does every single day makes a difference, he was able to bring that vision to life. Drew wants everyone to know that a person’s vision for what they want to create in their lives is so huge and it CAN be created.
“It’s the consistent action, every single day, that’s going to be the guiding light in your life.”
How’s that for motivation? What actions could you take to today to make your vision a reality? As always I would love to hear!
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time. Drew is the founder and CEO of FitLife.TV, an online health and wellness media channel where he shares educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness and healing and longevity. He is also the founder of Organifi, an organic line of superfood products that was created to make healthy living easy and accessible on the go. With a community of over 3 million people, he continues to inspire and empower others to live their best life in their healthiest body through delivering daily content online.
In This Episode You Will Hear About:
- How to increase creativity and productivity
- The importance of daily rituals
- Effects of drinking green juice for a week
- Visualization and meditation
- Organifi.com >> Receive 20% off your purchase by using the code: LORIHARDER
- IG: @drewcanole
- FB: facebook.com/Drew-Canole-174887279661
- YouTube: FitLifeTV