Subscribe to Earn Your Happy on iTunes.
Time to get comfortable, take your pants off (be sure to tune in to get this reference) and get ready to listen as I talk with two best friends (and podcasters), Lindsey Simcik and Krista Williams, who you will soon feel like yours too.
With Lindsey originally from the East Coast and Krista from the Midwest, life brought them both out to California by way of New York. They met a couple years ago when a mutual friend suggested that Krista reach out to Lindsey for advice on auditioning for SoulCycle. They immediately clicked and felt that there would be an even bigger connection later on.
They were right! Even though Krista didn’t become a SoulCycle instructor, she and Lindsey did create the hilarious and tell-it-like-it-is podcast, Almost 30. During this podcast, they share the life transitions they’re going through in real-time, where they’ve been and what tools they’ve used to help them get there – all while keeping it authentic to who they are and with a lot of laughs.
I hope you love listening to these ladies as much as I did and that it encourages you to find those people who get you and allow you to be unapologetically who you are.
Questions Asked in this Episode
- What is SoulCycle?
- How did you two meet?
- How did you come up with the Almost 30 podcast?
- Where are you two now and what are your unapologetic dreams?
- What work are you doing around your money mindset?
- How do you allow yourself to show up and create a safe space for other people?
- When do you feel most free – most yourself?
- How do you set massive goals but detach from the outcome and remain present?
- What do you feel you’re resisting right now?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- About life transitions and why it’s so important to have a sisterhood/community to help you navigate it.
- About finding your true calling in life
- Why imperfect is better than perfect
- Starting a podcast
- Why self-love and forgiveness is crucial in the creative process
- About balancing personalities, responsibilities and tasks when in a business partnership
- How to shift your money mindset
“Small decisions and small actions lead to something great.” – Krista
“We must try to be the best versions of ourselves for each transition that comes along.” – Lindsey
“Just because it’s not perfect doesn’t mean I shouldn’t put it out there.” – Lindsey
“There isn’t a better feeling than knowing people accept you for who you are.” – Krista
“I’m most free when I’m not focused on the end result.” – Lindsey
“If you’re wanting what someone else has, then you’re not being grateful for what you have.” – Krista
“The process becomes who you are.” – Lori
“Appreciate your potential and just do it.” – Lindsey
The Almost 30 Podcast is a weekly podcast filled with interviews and conversation about navigating big changes and transitions in life. It’s more than being almost 30, it’s about equipping yourself with the tools, insights and inspiration to be your best self! We keep it light, we keep it funny, and we keep it real.
- IG: @almost30podcast
- FB: facebook.com/Almost30podcast
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Ecker