I know you are all going to love today’s guest, Dave Asprey. Not only will you be in awe of his transformation story, but he shares so many useful tips and tools to help you gain more energy AND boost both the health of your mind and body.
A successful Silicon Valley tech entrepreneur and the founder of Bulletproof Coffee, Dave once weighed 300 lbs. and even though he spent 1.5 hours at the gym daily and ate a super low-calorie diet, he couldn’t budge the scale. He felt old in his young body. It wasn’t until he decided to cut sugar from his diet (and inadvertently lower his carb intake) that he lost 50 lbs. It took him another 7-8 years while biohacking and figuring out his body to lose the other 50.
Since that time and with an innate sense of curiosity, Dave has discovered and created techniques, and keys to taking control of and improving a person’s biochemistry, body and mind so they work in unison, helping one execute at levels far beyond what is expected without burning out, getting sick, or allowing stress to control decisions.
I learned and related to so much of this amazingly educational conversation and I hope you do as well. Dave’s determination and drive to discover more and more about the human body is so inspiring. I’m giddy just thinking about where his work will take us in the years to come.
Questions Asked in This Episode
- When you had your huge transformation, what was the biggest thing that clicked for you compared to what wasn’t working before?
- When you changed your diet, did you have doubts that it wouldn’t work?
- What is a common health misconception that you hear all the time?
- How long does it take to see results?
- What do you recommend to increase willpower?
- Do you think it’s possible to overcome different genetic problems?
- What is the toughest thing you’ve had to let go of in order to fulfill your dreams and mission?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How Dave Asprey lost 100 lbs. without spending hours in a gym
- About the difference between hunger and cravings
- The importance of putting the right food into our bodies to control cravings
- How Bulletproof Coffee was created
- How to increase willpower
- About the power and importance of mitochondria
- How to find your weaknesses and conquer them
- About the benefits of intermittent fasting
- Why sleep is so important and why it’s important to get better (more quality) sleep
“I wanted to help a few people who were stuck like I was.”
“My brain changed and I needed new pants.”
“Eat enough food and eat the right kinds of non-inflammatory fats, and when you eat the right foods your cravings should be gone.”
“Low calorie means low energy.”
“You can be lean and look pretty good just from what you put on your plate and it’s not about eating less. It’s about eating the right things so you have enough energy and less cravings and stable hormones and less inflammation in your body.”
“Find out what the bare minimum you can do is – then do that.”
“Stop making so many decisions.”
“Any upgrade in energy = an upgrade in willpower = more energy to improve yourself.”
“Make happy, healthy, strong and powerful mitochondria and they will cause the best genes to be expressed.”
“You are not a slave to your genes.”
“Struggling is different than working hard.”
Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof and author of New York Times bestseller The Bulletproof Diet, is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $1 Million to hack his own biology.
Dave lost 100 pounds without counting calories or excessive exercise, used techniques to upgrade his brain and lift his IQ by 20 points, and lowered his biological age while learning to sleep more efficiently in less time. Dave is the creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the #1 health podcast, Bulletproof Radio, and author of the New York Times bestselling books, The Bulletproof Diet and Head Strong.
Books by Dave Asprey:
- Head Strong
- The Bulletproof Diet (includes two-week program)
- True Dark Dots – https://biohacked.com/truedark/
- These and more can be found at www.bulletproof.com/more/books, on Amazon or at a bookstore near you.