I am so thrilled to have my soul sister, Danette May, back on the show today. Not only was she the one that initially introduced me to the idea of a mastermind (hello, A Tribe Called Bliss!), but she’s one of the most authentic people I know. If you want to hear more about her story, please be sure to check out the resources for our previous episode (her journey thus far is incredible).
Today, we’re talking about her upcoming event, The Rise, and how it helps women make authentic connections by allowing them to be their authentic selves. Danette shares so many soul-shaking experiences and insights – all focused again on connecting with yourself to step into your highest purpose. Her wisdom is so relatable and I honestly could listen to her all day long.
I hope you enjoy our conversation and hopefully, we’ll both get to see you at her event in October (details in the Resources section).
• What made you want to host The Rise event?
• Where did you come from – when did your soul speak to you, what did life look like and when did you first take action?
• Why did your soul sign up for this event?
• When you think of your event, what are some of the things you want to have at the event?
• What can you tell those who are feeling called to go?
• What does it mean to see yourself?
• If you had to name three things that you think makes someone transform, what would they be?
• What has having a female connection in your life done for you?
• Why do events have the capability to shift your world?
• What is something you want people to know about the work you’re doing with The Rise?
“If you’re not unraveling, you’re not growing.”
“Movement is like cleaning out the cobwebs of your soul.”
“You get to choose your environment.”
“If I can love myself and get into my own radical self-acceptance, I’ve got a best friend for life.”
“Your self-love is your biggest work.”
“Rise within so you can rise up.”
“You get to be happy just because you exist.”
Danette May is a motivational speaker, #1 best-selling author of seven health and women empowerment books, celebrity trainer, and mother. Danette is the founder of Mindful Health, LLC, a platform that reaches hundreds of thousands of women around the world. Danette stars in some of the top-selling fitness DVDs sold worldwide, is a top magazine\ model, and a frequent guest on national TV, Access Hollywood, Hallmark Home and Family, CBS, among others.
Danette has a deep passion for peeling back the layers of women’s light and empowerment through healing foods, healing movement and a healing mindset. She loves transforming hundreds of thousands of women around the world by helping them gain the knowledge and inspiration to love the bodies they LIVE in and love the LIFE they live!