My guest today, yogi and wellness coach, Koya Webb, personifies the word love. We were fortunate enough to chat in person, but I know you’ll feel her warm energy through the recording as well. And with a platform that encourages people to “love yourself, love others, and love the planet,” it’s no wonder.
Raised in small-town Tennessee, Koya was counting on athletics to get her out into the world. Unfortunately, right at the time of a life-changing conference meet, she suffered a stress fracture in her back. Devastated, she heeded the advice of her counselor and took up yoga and breath work to help her rehab. Even though her first yoga class was anything but easy, Koya was in love at first breath. In fact, she found herself completely rehabbed in 6 months and went on to win a conference event the following year.
Also during that time, Koya learned to slow down and listen to her body. Today, she credits this practice along with yoga, meditation and maintaining a plant-based diet for the high-vibing life she lives every day.
Koya offers so much valuable insight into living a vegan lifestyle (or just dabbling in it), and if you get one thing out of our conversation it would be to stop and truly tune into what your body is saying. You never know what it will tell you if you pay attention.
• What is most exciting for you in your world right now?
• What is your upcoming book about?
• What was your life’s big pivot point?
• How old were you when you first started listening to your body?
• What would you tell people if they’ve never let their feelings lead them? Where should people start?
• Does being vegan ever bring up challenges for you?
• Are there practical ways to start dabbling in a more plant-based diet?
• What is the most impactful thing that’s shifted for you since becoming plant-based?
“Yoga is the perfect tool.”
“You can’t love others to the detriment of yourself.”
“You can thrive and have a lot of energy, gain weight or lose weight on a plant-based diet.”
“Wherever you are on your journey, you are loved.”
Koya Webb is an internationally recognized yoga teacher, personal trainer, holistic health and wellness coach, author, motivational speaker, and professional fitness model revolutionizing the holistic living landscape. She is the creator of Get Loved Up, a platform that encourages people to “love yourself, love others, and love the planet” by practicing environmental sustainability, plant-based nutrition, and mindful movement.