Laura Belgray describes her zone of genius as writing in a way that gives other people permission to be who they are. I’ve been a big fan of hers since I came across her work in 2014 and I’m so excited to have her on the show. In this episode Laura gives golden and easy-to-implement tips for writing emails that will captivate your list, injecting your writing with personality and making your brand stand out. If you have any struggles around copywriting, you will not want to miss this conversation.
- What is your zone of genius? And how did you discover it?
- If you’re thinking, wait, I would say this to my friend, but I’m afraid to say it to my list, what should you do?
- How do you make your emails fresh and interesting?
- Do you have tips to add personality to writing?
- How can you turn copy into something that is profitable?
Laura Belgray, founder of Talking Shrimp and co-creator of The Copy Cure, is a copywriting expert who helps entrepreneurs find the perfect words to express and sell what they do. Through her work with hundreds of clients (including online biggies like Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield) she’s seen first-hand that putting “you” into your copy is pure magic for getting people to love you up, share your ideas, and happily click your Buy button.
In addition to online types, Laura’s list of clients and credits include NBC, Bravo, HBO, TBS, Fandango, and many, many more. So if you watch TV and don’t skip the commercials, you just might see her words on air.