792. How to Self Publish, Launch a Book, and Know When the Time Is Right!
In the episode you will hear about:
- Knowing when you’re ready to write a book
- Setting an intention for your book
- Getting started writing
- Traditional vs self-publishing
We all have a book in us. It’s true! But how do you know when it’s time to write one? And if you get that far, how do you push your book out into the world? I’m joined by two published authors, Jake Kelfer and Justine Sloan, to cover the ins and outs of writing, publishing, and marketing books. Hear it ALL from two people who are deeply knowledgeable about the process.
- What is your book and when is it going to be out?
- What was the difference between your first book and your third book?
- When does someone know that they are ready for a book?
- How do you set expectations for your book and how does that inform marketing?
- How do you get started writing?
- How do you get your book published?
Jake Kelfer is a lifestyle entrepreneur, life elevator, and coach to ambitious entrepreneurs and freedom seekers helping people create incredibly impactful and profitable businesses. He is the bestselling author of Elevate Beyond and Elevate Your Network, a high-energy motivational speaker, and the founder of the Professional Basketball Combine which has helped 70+ NBA draft prospects turn their dreams of playing pro basketball into their reality. He and his work have been featured on Forbes, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, and many other major media outlets.
Justine Moore Sloan is a coach, author, speaker, and the Co-Founder of Boss Ladies MKE. After healing from disordered eating, crippling anxiety, and low self-worth, Justine is on a mission to help others heal and thrive as well. She believes her soul’s purpose is to help women feel empowered in their bodies – and every area of their lives! Her first book, Someone I Love Lives Here, comes out on October 19th! Justine loves to travel, but her home base is Milwaukee, where she lives with her husband and soulmate, Scott.