Nedra Tawwab is all about helping people create healthy relationships, not just with others but with themselves. She’s a strong believer in the power of boundaries and teaches that a lack of assertiveness is at the root of most relationship issues. You don’t have to lose yourself to be in a thriving relationship – in fact, you’re not doing anyone a favor when you neglect your needs for the needs of others. She helps us find what it means to experience the true and profound freedom of being yourself.
- What do you do and how did you become so passionate about this topic?
- What are the clues that you are in desperate need of some boundaries?
- What are the main fears people face when it comes to setting boundaries and how do we get around them?
- How do you share boundaries in a way that people understand your intentions?
- How can you get better at saying no?
- How does it feel on the other side of difficult conversations?
- How did you become okay with not liking everything in your life?
- How do you know when to end a friendship?
Nedra Glover Tawwab, a licensed therapist and sought-after relationship expert, has practiced relationship therapy for twelve years and is the founder and owner of the group therapy practice Kaleidoscope Counseling. She has been recently featured in The New York Times, The Guardian, Psychology Today, Self, and Vice, and has appeared on numerous podcasts, including Don’t Keep Your Day Job, Do the Thing, and Therapy for Black Girls. Tawwab runs a popular Instagram account where she shares practices, tools, and reflections for mental health and hosts weekly Q&As about boundaries and relationships. She lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, with her family.