- lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- 4 zucchini squashes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, combine beef (or turkey), peppers, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- While the meat mixture is cooking, sauté chopped zucchini in a saucepan over medium hit until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and olive oil to the meat mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Combine meat mixture and zucchini in an oven-safe pan and bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!