883. One Expansive Time Where Everything Changed
In the episode you will hear about:
- Getting yourself into the environments where people are at the level you want to be at
- Evaluating who you’re sharing your ideas with
- How to make the most out of networking events
- Asking bold questions and being transparent about numbers
- How to know when you’re dreaming big enough
- Why it’s good to sometimes feel like the least experienced person in the room
- Sign up for The Spritz newsletter at litepink.com!
- Text PODCAST to 310-496-8363 for updates and a chance to be featured on the show!
We’re joined by our good friend Lindsey Schwartz of Powerhouse Women for today’s He Said, She Said! We each share one moment or event of expansiveness when we did something that felt either scary or irresponsible or unreasonable, but it became this moment that radically upleveled us. I talk about how back in 2009 when we were starting over again from scratch, Chris and I rented an apartment in a ritzy building in Minneapolis, even though it was tiny and out of our comfortable budget range. We wanted to be around people who were at the level we wanted to be at, and over our 18 months of living there, we made it happen. Lindsey talks about her decision to attend her first mastermind event and how she learned to make decisions based on what her future self would do. Plus, Chris touches on his decision to go all-in on his FinTech company and partner with someone who can help him get to his $100 million goal.
Connect with Lori
- Instagram: @loriharder
- Lite Pink: @drinklitepink
- Earn Your Happy: @earnyourhappy
- Girlfriends & Business: @girlfriendsandbusiness
- Listen to Girlfriends & Business
Connect with Chris
Connect with Lindsey
- Follow Powerhouse Women: @powerhouse_women
- Follow Lindsey: @llindseyschwartz
- Visit the Powerhouse Women website: www.powerhousewomen.co
Lindsey Schwartz is a best-selling author and the founder of Powerhouse Women. Fiercely committed to supporting other women, Lindsey invests her time in mentoring women and girls of all ages—from high achieving entrepreneurs to high school students. She’s also an investor in female-founded companies including beverage brand Lite Pink.
After seeing numerous women in her life stop short of pursuing their own entrepreneurial dreams because of fear and self-doubt, she saw the need for more honest conversations about the ups & downs of entrepreneurship in order to show women that they don’t have to have it all together to get started. From there, the Powerhouse Women community, annual event, and podcast were born, with the motto that we’re not meant to do business (or life) alone!
Episode Timeline & Discussion Questions
( 0:24 ) Welcome back to another He Said She Said episode of Earn Your Happy. Chris and Lori are joined by their friend Lindsey Schwartz today.
( 1:07 ) Chris introduces the topic of today’s episode. They’re each sharing a moment of when they experienced something that felt either scary, but it expanded them.
( 1:25 ) Lori talks about her and Chris’s apartments in Minneapolis and California that were outdated and out of their price range, but got them into exclusive buildings.
( 8:49 ) Lindsey talks about her experience at her first mastermind.
( 11:33 ) Chris asks Lindsey, “I’m curious, was it the financial investment, or was it the level of the room that felt most expansive?”
( 13:41 ) Chris talks about going all in on his FinTech company.
( 18:10 ) Lori summarizes the takeaways from each of the stories.
( 18:56 ) Listeners can connect with Lindsey at @llindseyschwartz.
( 19:36 ) Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 for daily money mantras.