- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1 12 oz bag cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 T. curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans pumpkin
- 1/2 c. light unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 oz unsweetened no sugar added coconut water
- 2 cups cottage cheese if you want to add more protein or creaminess (OPTIONAL)
- 1-2 T. brown sugar or stevia until desired sweetness (OPTIONAL)
- Salt and pepper
- Plain 0% greek yogurt, for serving, optional
- Add onion, apples and cauliflower and sauté until tender and golden, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, cumin and curry and chili powders over onion mixture and stir for 1 minute (mixture will be dry).
- Gradually whisk in broth and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in pumpkin and coconut milk.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Bring to a low boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Serve hot, topped with greek yogurt, if desired, and sprinkled with toasted pumpkin seeds.
This is OPTIONAL! I like my soup chunky but if you like a creamy consistency you can pour soup into blender and blend until smooth.