Quinoa Beet Kale Salad
- 6 cups kale, finely chopped without spine
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, grated or riced in food processor
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa (can use regular quinoa)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 2 medium-sized red beets, sliced thin and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Yellow Curry Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp. yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- 1 cup 0% Fage Greek Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or 1 packet Stevia or Truvia
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Yellow Curry Chicken:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients accept chicken. Warm in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to melt coconut oil, and stir well.
- Add chicken and mixture to frying pan and cook chicken for 12 to 15 minutes on medium heat until chicken is cooked and has absorbed most of the mixture.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve on the side of your salad so you can dip your chicken and salad as desired.
NOTES and TIPS
Serve chicken, salad and dressing on a plate, and mix and dip as you choose! Tzatziki can be served as a sauce on its own for dipping vegetables at any time! It’s also a great fresh option for a summer appetizer before any meal.
For outdoor fun, cut chicken into small pieces, thread on a skewer and grill to make chicken kabobs. No skewers? Just grill the mixture-coated chicken and top with the tzatziki sauce.