995. Reset Your Financial, Emotional & Risk Thermostat
In the episode you will hear about:
- Looking back at how far we’ve come from our original financial goals
- How your decisions become your identity
- Actively choosing to reset your stress response
- Why expanding your risk tolerance is one of the most important things you can do
- The three steps to resetting your ‘thermostat’
- Sign up for The Spritz newsletter at litepink.com!
- Text DAILY to 310-496-8363 for daily manifesting affirmations and journal prompts.
A great way to visualize your threshold is to think of it as a thermostat. Whatever you set your goals or standards to, you’re going to maintain that level just like you would when you set the temperature of your home. In this episode, we explore what this concept looks like in terms of our finances, emotions, and risk tolerance. We also share how we’ve learned to rest our thermostat and push the limits of what we believe is possible.
Connect with Lori
- Instagram: @loriharder
- Lite Pink: @drinklitepink
- Earn Your Happy: @earnyourhappy
- Girlfriends & Business: @girlfriendsandbusiness
- Listen to Girlfriends & Business
Connect with Chris
- Instagram: @chriswharder
- Website: https://chrisharder.me
- Listen to The Chris Harder Show
Episode Timeline & Discussion Questions
(0:21) Welcome back to another He Said She Said episode of Earn Your Happy.
(1:56) Lori introduces the concept of your internal thermostat that you use to make decisions.
(3:00) Chris talks about how his financial thermostat has changed dramatically since his early 20s.
(7:48) Lori explains how you can reset your emotional thermostat.
(9:21) Lori asks Chris, “What is something that you know could actually fundamentally change your personality and your emotional state if you worked on it more?”
(12:15) Lori and Chris talk about risk tolerance and why it’s so important to work on expanding that.
(13:25) Lori asks Chris, “How can you simulate risk in your life without a lot of risk in the beginning?”
(15:41) Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get on Chris’s text list and receive daily positive money mantra messages.