- 6 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 C Lowfat Buttermilk
- ¼ C Honey
- 4 T. Light Butter
- 5 Egg Whites
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 10 Packets no Calorie Sweetener
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ C Chopped Pecan
- ¼ C Sugar Free Maple Syrup (optional)
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave until soft (appr 15 mins.)
- Slice sweet potato in half lengthwise and scoop potato out of skins and into a cooking pot.
- Heat on medium heat.
- Add buttermilk, honey, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, chili powder, red pepper flakes and maple syrup (optional).
- Mash warm potato mixture or beat with hand mixer for creamier consistency.
- Beat egg whites with mixer to stiff peak and gently fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to casserole dish, sprinkle with chopped pecans and bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 mins. or until egg whites are set.
Don’t be concerned about the sugar because the majority of the sugar count comes from the sweet potato which is a natural healthy sugar from the vegetable which your body utilizes for energy.