Did you miss the webinar on how to THRIVE through the holidays this year? No problem, re-listen to the tips and techniques that I use and make this your most successful season! Check out the list below!
1.) Choose your battles
- Plan what parties you need to go
- Say NO to excess parties and going out – flex your NO muscle
- Saying no means you’re saying yes to your goals
- Ask what you can bring and make it healthy!
- Eat before you go
- Drink lots of water
- SET YOUR INTENTIONS AHEAD OF TIME! Am I going to drink or indulge? How much?
2.) Keep a routine
- Number 1 reason people feel stress is because they are out of a routine.
- Have a reg workout routine and plan it
- Find a workout you can do when you are in a jam and memorize it – make sure you can do it anywhere
- Just keep moving! A body in motion stays in motion.
3.) Find time for yourself
- With company, family and more people everywhere, more work, more traffic, etc. we get stressed easier
- Give yourself more time to get around
- Plan quiet time or alone time
- Find 5 minutes to meditate
- Close your eyes and visualize your goals
4.) Keep your goals present
- Don’t just write this time of year off. You can have a huge head start
- You don’t have to be perfect
- This is a lifestyle so begin by practicing
- You will get better
5.) Surround yourself by a community of supportive people
- Many of you will have to seek this out.
- Ask people
6.) Spend time giving back with others
- Bell ringing
- Immerse yourself in a good cause
7.) Save money by making gifts
- Mason Jars with favorite recipes attached and some of the ingredients inside
- Make your own sugar scrubs and put a nice saying on the outside
- Make a jar full with 30 days of why they rock
- Tell people you don’t want gifts this year and sponsor a family together instead or donate to a charity
- Draw names an only exchange with a couple people
8.) Create new traditions during the Holidays.
- Board games, walks, cards, caroling, sledding, skiing, snow ball fights etc.
9.) Shift your attitude to gratitude
- Be grateful for what you have
- Each night write down what you are grateful for that day
10.) Enjoy, be present and keep it in perspective.
- If you feel restricted, have a little something that makes you feel like your indulging
- There is no such thing as perfect
- If you know you can have something it’s no longer off limits and the temptation is less.
- It’s just a day, the only pressure we can feel is what we put on ourselves
- Remember to make it about togetherness and enjoying instead of the food and presents
Also, remember that my Busy Bodies Challenge LAST DAY to enroll is October 15th. This is a great challenge to keep you accountable and with a group of supporters to check in with at any time. You can Register HERE for the Challenge!
Thanks so much for your support! I wish you the best during this upcoming holiday season!