- 2 C chopped fresh asparagus (chopped to pea size)
- ½ C chopped sweet onion
- ¾ C grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C diced turkey bacon (cooked)(4-5 slices)
- ½ C roasted, chopped walnuts
- Drizzle of red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle of your favorite EVOO (olive oil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut lower half of asparagus off and toss or freeze for asparagus soup.
- Chop upper half of asparagus into pea size.
- Add all other ingredients to chopped asparagus and mix well.
- Drizzle with your favorite vinegar and EVOO.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Don’t panic about the fat content, it is good fat (omega 3) from the walnuts
Can substitute chicken, turkey, or crab in place of the bacon. Just put a cup of the asparagus salad on top of your favorite lettuce and enjoy.