I’m so excited for you all to hear my conversation with the magical trifecta that is Betches Media – Samantha Fishbein, Jordana Abraham and Aleen Kuperman. With a following of more than 6 million followers on Instagram, their presence has taken social media by storm with their funny and light-hearted approach to wellness, dating, careers, pop culture, politics and more. If you haven’t heard of them, I highly recommend traveling down their entertaining Instagram rabbit hole (I did and it was incredible).
In an effort to offer the missing female counterpart to the “bro” culture, these three college friends decided to share their voice and opinions with the masses. With an obvious need fulfilled, their website at the time took off and has since morphed into podcasts, an eCommerce store, books and so much more.
With two books already under their belts, a third book, “When’s Happy Hour,” which focuses on careers is set to release Oct. 23. Whether you’re in college, unfulfilled by your job or fulfilled but driven for more, this book will teach you how to succeed in a career and make yourself better – with lots of laughs along the way.
These women are redefining what it means to love what you do, and I’m so happy they’re taking us all along for the ride.
- Could you explain and break down what you’re doing in your business?
- How did you all get started and what was your intention in the beginning – and how has it changed since then?
- Why did you pick the topic for your new book?
- In the beginning of your business, what were the parts you loved to do and what parts were challenging?
- What do you do to protect and nurture your relationships with each other?
- What are your favorite parts of what you’re doing now?
- What is a question you wish more people would ask you?
- What are some new challenges coming up for your business right now?
- Who is your new book, “When’s Happy Hour,” for?
“It’s better that people are saying something, even if it’s not good, than not saying anything at all. At least criticism shows that people care.”
“Even the most amazing job that allows you to follow your passion is work.”
“Follow what makes you happy, what you’re good and what moves you, and live in a way that aligns with that.”
Betches is a multi-platform media company for millennial women to experience comedy and empowerment in an honest environment. Founded in 2011 by Cornell University alumni Aleen Kuperman, Samantha Fishbein, and Jordana Abraham, the company was launched as a blog with the core column “Betches Love This.” Betches has since expanded to become a robust, digital destination that boasts a strong social media presence through their cult Instagram with more than 6.2 million followers, @Betches, two New York Times bestselling books, I Had a Nice Time And Other Lies… and Nice Is Just a Place in France, e-commerce platform, Shop Betches, and vast editorial content including multiple pop-culture, political, and new-centric podcasts and video. Visit www.betches.com to learn more.