Subscribe to Earn Your Happy on iTunes.
One of my favorite topics, yet one that I feel most of us forget about the fastest…self care. How could you possibly begin to love or care for others, without doing the same for yourself first?!
“It is selfish to not care for yourself”
Whatever story matches yours, maybe you’re a Mom, a CEO looking after tons of employees, or a Nurse with long shifts, WHATEVER the case may be, it is vital to look after yourself just as much as you would any one else!
So why the bad rep? Why is it “bad to be selfish?! NEWSFLASH…it’s not! In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt, “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you will be criticized anyways!”
Starting now (because I am asking you to take a second for yourself,) answer the following questions:
- How do I show up the I don’t make time for myself?
- How do I show up when I don’t take care of my physical body and health?
- How do I show up when I don’t sleep?
- How do I show up when I don’t eat foods that make me feel healthy?
- How do I show up when I keep putting off that thing I know would make me feel good?
Time for me to get real…
“If you want your children to be happy and the people around you, you WILL get selfish, you will be a little bit selfish! It doesn’t mean in life, that you are a selfish person, it just means that you put self care first.”
Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first.
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Self care
- Self love
- Preparing for the New Year
- Creating habits
- Time management
You can also see more at my website: LoriHarder.com