- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut to 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp. minced jarred garlic)
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour or flour of your choice (oat, almond, or *coconut)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread
- Toast 4 slices of Ezekiel bread while preparing the main event of the dish.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook throughout.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic and peas. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add flour until well combined.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Stir until thickened and well combined. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve warm over one slice of toasted Ezekiel bread, and enjoy!
*If you use coconut flour, cut the amount of flour used in half. Coconut flour is very thick!