- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond or skim milk — if you don’t want to use milk you can substitute 1/2 cup water here again
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 T. maple syrup or honey
- Choose 1/2 cup of any of the following: canned pumpkin, blueberries, apples, strawberries, 1/2 banana, raisins, cranberries, etc!
- 1 T. pecans, toasted and coarsley chopped
- Bring the quinoa, milk and/or water, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup or honey to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in the choice of pumpkin or fruit then remove from heat and top with the pecans.
- Add more milk, water fruit to make more and to make a bit more soupy like porridge!