- 16 oz Fresh Portabella Mushrooms
- 3/4 C Cooked Ground Turkey Sausage (Try My Turkey Sausage recipe!)
- Stems (removed from the fresh mushrooms)
- 2 TBLS Dried Bread Crumbs
- 1 Packet no Calorie Sweetener (Truvia) (optional)
- 1/2 C Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/2 C Finely Chopped Celery
- 1 C Lowfat Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 T. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg White
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and finely chop the stems.
- Sauté onions, celery and chopped stems until tender.
- Let everything cool.
- Combine onion mixture, sausage, cheese, egg white and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with mixture and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden at 375 degrees.
My “Italian Turkey Sausage” is perfect for this recipe. Very low calorie and low fat. You can find the turkey sausage recipe under “Dinner Recipes”.