- 1 C Yellow Corn Meal
- 3/4 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (makes the cornbread light, but you may use regular whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 T. Finely Diced Jalapeno Pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 7 Packets no Calorie Sweetener
- 1 & 1/2 C Low Fat Buttermilk
- 4 Egg Whites
- 5 T. Low Fat Butter (melted)
- Mix together corn meal, flour, powder, soda , sweetener and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a pre-sprayed 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes. Let cool and cut into 12 pieces.
- Corn Bread is light, sweet and a touch spicy. This goes perfect with the our Turkey Chili recipe HERE!