- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Medium Diced Onion
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- 1 (28 oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz each) Cans Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 7 Packets of no Calorie Sweetener
- 4 T. Tomato Paste
- 1 Bottle of Light Beer
- 1 (15 oz) Can Beef Broth
- 2 T. of Ground Cumin
- 2 T. of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. of Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. of Dried Oregano
- 2 (15 oz each) Cans Great Northern or Navy Beans
- 4 oz Whole Wheat Spaghetti – broken into 2” pieces & cooked (feel free to sub your fav healthy pasta or brown rice)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Brown ground turkey and onions until turkey is fully cooked.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add beer, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with chilies, tomato paste, beef broth, bay leaves, cumin, chili powder, cocoa and oregano and mix well.
- Stir in beans, cooked spaghetti and sweetener.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
The secret to great chili is to build a multi-level of flavor. The beer and cocoa powder adds a wonderful complex flavor combined with the rest of the ingredients. This chili is tasty, healthy, low calorie and filling!! It also goes wonderfully with the sweet corn bread. (See Corn Bread recipe HERE)