- 2 cups whole wheat elbow noodles
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-2 T. sea salt (and pepper if desired) to taste
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4oz low fat shredded Swiss cheese
- 4oz low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- *Optional* 1/8 c. whole wheat bread crumbs and 2 T. Parmesan cheese may be sprinkled on top before baking to add a crispy baked layer over the top.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil noodles on stove-top according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and transfer to casserole dish.
- Slowly add whole wheat flour and milk while stirring.
- Add salt and cheese and mix well.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in oven until top is lightly brown.