- 2 Joseph’s Lavash, cut in half
- Coconut or olive oil spray
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked and diced
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- ½ cup canned tomatoes with diced green chilies, drained
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients from chicken through salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan or griddle, and spray with non-stick coconut or olive oil spray.
- Heat half of the lavash, add ¼ cup of cheese, the squash/chicken mixture and another ¼ cup of cheese and the other half of the lavash bread on top.
- Heat for 2 to 3 minutes and flip.
- Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until lavash is toasty brown.
- Repeat for the other quesadilla.
- Serve warm!
Notes and Tips
In the produce section, you can sometimes find chopped butternut squash. Just microwave in the bag, and voila!
Need something more? Add a dip! Serve with a side of fresh salsa or guacamole.