- 2 (15oz each) cans chick peas – set aside 2/3 cup chick pea juice from cans
- 1/2 c. chick pea juice from cans
- 1 c. pumpkin (about half of a 15z can)
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1 T. salt
- 1/4 c. Tahini – can be found in most grocery stores
- 5-7 T. FRESH lemon juice – 2 lemons will be perfect, I like to use 7 Tablespoons so it is really zesty! You may want to start with 5 and add as you go depending on how much zing you like.
- 1/2 tsp paprika – more if you like a bite to it – I used 1 tsp and generously sprinkled the top as well.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining chic pea juice if it is too thick and not blending for you.
- *OPTIONAL* Feel free to add more lemon juice and less sage if you like a more traditional flavor.
- Spread hummus onto plate
- Sprinkle an extra pinch of paprika on top for color.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or pita.