- 2 Fresh Tomatillos (husked, washed & quartered)
- 1 lg Onion, quartered
- 2-3 Jalapenos, quartered (scrape seeds & membrane out)
- 6 Whole Cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Dried Cilantro
- 1 Finely Diced Garlic Clove
- ¾ C Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 C Cooked Turkey Sausage
- ½ C Black Beans (optional) (drained & rinsed)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 8 Whole Wheat 6” Tortilla Shells
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast tomatillos, onion, garlic and jalapenos in oven for 15-20 mins.
- Put roasted vegetables and any juice in bottom of pan in a food processor. (CAREFUL, HOT!)
- Add rest of ingredients and pulse in processor until well combined.
- Chill for 1-2 hours.
Notes & Tips
Serve with your favorite dipper or drizzle over your favorite Spanish dish!
Salsa Verde freezes well. Put in small containers, freeze, and have your fresh, homemade salsa Verde all year long.